Note: This product is no longer maintained.
MailCountX adds a count of unread e-mail to your OS X menu bar. This can be very useful if you keep your dock minimized. This product integrates with Apple's Mail.app. MailCountX is currently available as a public beta.
- Adds icon to menu bar indicating how many unread messages you have
- Integrates with Apple's Mail.app
- Display a count from only INBOXes or all mailboxes recursively
- Optional reminder beep with user-configurable delay between reminders
- Reminder beep can use a standard system sound or a user-specified audio file
- Adjustable time between polling Mail.app for unread count (to minimize CPU usage)
- Fix "Ignore Drafts" option
- Completely re-code in Objective-C/Cocoa to increase speed (this will be the main goal for version 0.4)
- Code a plugin for Mail.app that would notify MailCount of new mail, rather than the opposite which is the current behavior
- Add a list of available mailboxes, and allow user to select which ones to include/exclude from the count
- Add user-selectable icon
- Allow user to change font and color of count
- Add option to display nothing instead of "0"
- Add more compact icon option, similar to the red icon in the corner of Mail's app when you have new mail
- Add support for other mail apps (Eudora, Entorage, etc)
- Add option to force Mail to check the server for new mail
(MailCountX is the icon on the far left)
|0.2 beta||December 9, 2003||MailCountX-0.3beta.dmg (Latest)||1.04 MB|
|0.2 beta||August 27, 2003||MailCountX-0.2beta.dmg||1.06 MB|
|0.3 beta||December 7, 2003||
|0.2 beta||August 27, 2003||
|0.1 beta||July 25, 2003||Initial Beta Release|